Florida DECA, welcome to Summer 2015! As members around the state are enjoying the down time, your Florida officers are working hard to ensure that this upcoming year will be the most EPIC ever! Today, I want to share with you some tips on preparing to make next year EPIC by achieving a THRIVE level chapter. THRIVE level chapters can earn both recognition and allocations for the International Career Development Conference in Nashville, Tennessee. Chapter advisors and officers, this blog is for you!
Here are my suggestions for achieving a THRIVE level chapter and earning recognition at ICDC:
1. Do your research - Look into the details and specifics of the EPIC Chapter Campaigns on the DECA website (You can find a link/document embedded below). Take notes and think about which activities your chapter may already complete.
2. Use your time wisely - The summer vacation is roughly 10 weeks, depending on your particular school district, and presents an excellent opportunity for your chapter officers to plan ahead. Be sure to have meetings as a team throughout the summer.
3. Set a goal - Take a look at the Chapter Campaign document and figure out which of the activities your chapter wants to work to qualify for.
4. Make a Plan - Some of the campaigns ask that your chapter increases membership and others ask for your chapter to host a Community Service activity, for example. Some are more involved than others so be sure to allow yourself enough time to adequately execute the activity.
5. Watch out for Deadlines - The chapter campaigns have different deadlines. The Membership, Global Entrepreneurship Week, Promotional and Community Service campaigns are all due on December 1st, 2015. The Promotional and Community Service campaigns must be completed from the beginning of your school year through DECA month. Global Entrepreneurship Week activities can only be completed from November 16th-23rd, 2015. The Advocacy campaigns are not due until March 1st, 2015 but must be completed during the month of February. Keep these specific deadlines in mind when you are planning how your chapter will achieve this recognition.
When the deadlines for the Chapter Campaigns near, check the DECA website (deca.org) for details on how to submit your campaign details. Be sure that your campaigns are submitted by the deadlines!
Read more: click here