As a long year comes to an end we begin to reflect on what we have learned and what we have changed. Maybe you got a little taller or maybe you can read a little faster? But how has your character changed? Your leadership skills? Your goals? As a leader we must learn to accept change and then learn from it. This year has been life changing for me. I have changed as a person and I have grown as a leader. I present to you * drum roll*
“The Top 5 Things I Learned That Changed Me As a Leader”
1. Be patient. People are human and they go through rough things every day. Keep that in mind before you get angry or upset. Reach out to someone first if they aren’t getting the job done, and be more personable. Don’t rush any work, because quality is more valuable that quantity
2. Be optimistic. If something doesn’t go right, look at the bright side of things. Always remember that the glass is have full, and remember that that sun will rise tomorrow morning, a failure doesn’t not prove that your world is ending.
3. Be prepared. As a wise man once said “failing to plan is planning to fail” be ready for anything life has to throw at you.
4. Take time for you. It is essential that you take time out of your schedule, whether It be a few minutes, an hour or even a day, if need be to distress and relax. A focused and relaxed you is a better you.
5. Believe in yourself and your decisions. If you believe in something go for it, fight for it. Give it all you’ve got
Leaders should be the first people to be able to admit to their mistakes and learn and grow from them. Learn from mine and absorb what I learned from them. Get ready, Get set, and go succeed .